Monday 28 November 2016

Concept Art



This is a bit of concept art for my original pick n mix project. The original drawing is shown above with the edited version below. This is showing my main character Mr K. Beane as a child on his father's shoulders in a field. I haven't really done much concept art for this so I thought I should do at least a couple. It's very simple but that is what I was going for similar to the illustration above which is from the 1950s. For example, the sky, grass and clouds have no black outline and not different shades just block colours. Originally I was only going to use two colours for the whole thing like the illustration but I struggled to make it look good and interesting so I decided to just colour it but not in detail so it still has that "1950s illustrative" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment