Monday 5 October 2015

Previous Work

These are just a few examples of the many pieces and sketchbook work I have done over the last few years showing my range of skills and range of media used - these were done as part of my Fine Art A-Level course where I was given a theme and had to tell a story and work towards a final piece.
 





    Left: This is one of my favourite final pieces - done in acrylic. Before painting this final piece, I was used to working in fine liner and didn't do much painting but I thought I would challenge myself and I'm glad I did. The theme was Faces and because life drawing was weakness of mine, I had to consider other ideas of the theme such as the faces of nature and faces of animals etc. I researched these aspects of the theme and ended up putting all of my research together to create this final composition. I feel that this could have potential to become animated for a short clip. For example, robin flying, human figure moving etc. There is a lot I could do to improve this piece but if I had to choose one, I would most likely work on the facial features a bit more. However, as this was done a while ago, I feel I may have improved my life drawing skills since then. I was influenced by the work of Alphonse Mucha who is a favourite of mine, as well as William Morris, Walter Crane and Joseph Stella.







This was my final piece for my mock exam. Similar to the "Faces" final piece, the drawing of the face is very weak but this was done a while ago too. I was influenced again by Alphonse Mucha and William Morris, I feel that their work combined together gives a very good effect and feel to the composition. This was done in fine liner because I felt that using this medium, it would allow me to include more detail in my work.
 
 
 
 
 
Theme: Closely Observing. I "closely observed" numerous things throughout my research but I couldn't decide which path I wanted to take so I decided to include elements of it all in my work. For example, fruit, animals, landscape. The mountain scene in the background was influenced by the late artist, Bob Ross.

 
Theme: Woodland - Fine Liner Pen, trilogy of drawings inspired by nature and artists Gustav Klimt, Angie Lewin and William Morris.

 
Above: A page out of one of my sketchbooks, thought I would be adventurous and add an ancient feel to the page, I wanted to post this on here to show my love for Alphonse Mucha's work. In fact, perhaps I'll make a separate post to talk about his work and why it inspires me.



 

 
  

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment