Friday 10 November 2017

Landlubber - background design development!!


   So I had a discussion with Kathy about my concerns and then spoke to Jess and I was able to get some ideas out of her and sort of get an idea of what she wants. This is a background I did (in progress/unfinished at the moment), sticking with the same colour palette but overlaying textures. It kind of reminds me of looney tunes a bit, so I decided to incorporate some things inspired by looney tunes in the background. For example, I used the background art in the image of daffy duck as inspiration for the windows and I think we could also use the lighting from this too perhaps. I just need to figure out how we're going to stylise the water and add the pool ladder and a few touches here and there and then I can use this as an example to do other backgrounds. I'm quite happy that we're finally getting somewhere with this now, as we only have just over two weeks until we hand in 30 seconds of finished animation which means getting some backgrounds done.

No comments:

Post a Comment