Thursday 9 November 2017

Landlubber - test backgrounds using 3d model.



   I'm not happy with these, purely because i'm not really getting any direction with the style and overall design of the film, there is no concept art and only a bit of R&D as inspiration but at this point i'm basically making it up as I go along, all I've got from the director is that it has to be watercolour, I think i'll speak to my tutor about the design as i'm really struggling with it at the moment, mainly because it's not my vision, it's the director's and I need them to tell me what they want. It's also difficult without an animatic to know what angles and perspectives we need, so for now i'm just practicing with my own angles using the 3d model.

   I used watercolour paper texture and changed the opacity so it's very subtle but you can still see it and I quite like it, but of course ultimately it's up to the director so I'll see what she thinks. Also, because of the textures that I've overlayed, the image loses a bit of colour overall so I might have to brighten the colours underneath a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment