Friday 3 November 2017

Papa Poule - 3D Reference




   So the producer of Papa Poule, Kathryn, made a 3D model of Paul's room so everyone can see the layout and where everything goes which has been really helpful for me when doing layouts and backgrounds. It is sometimes difficult when dealing with different angles in one room to get the perspective right so I opened the model in maya and moved the camera around to take screenshots of different angles, I also tried to copy the angles from the animatic so I and other members of the team can get started with layouts and have the angle in a 3D model screenshot as reference. However, I'm not very experienced in Maya so it was quite difficult to navigate around and get the right angle. I asked Lucie for some feedback and she said some of the angles are a bit off but they're okay to play with at the moment, she's going to go in herself and take some screenshots as it's her vision so she can capture it more accurately than me. I think i'll still use my screenshots for practicing though anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment